Re: Bluetooth Headset Connection Issue Linux v3.0

Hi bubba,

On 21.12.2011 23:40, bubba junk wrote:
> I am new to posting to mailing lists, so forgive me in advance if I am not
> following protocol. I have an issue connecting to my bluetooth headset in
> Ubuntu 11.10 Linux Kernel 3.0.0-14-generic. I am able to pair and connect
> at first. But after disconnecting, I am no longer able to connect. I have to
> un-pair then re-pair the device to connect again. After re-paring the headset
> , it stays connected until I disconnect. Then again after disconnecting,
> I am not able to connect. I saw some regression bug documentation to something
> similar in Linux 2.6. Is this a known bug in 3.0?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help. Sorry for such a newbie question.

I am experience the something very similar here. I though my setup is
broken but maybe it isn't only on my system.

I started to debug it but had to fix other pressing things first. My
current understanding is that in on my system for some reasons the PC
does after a fresh pairing a correct encryption of the connection. After
that it does not encrypt it anymore and the device rejects the connection.

Be aware that this is not really proven yet. Luckily I have a BT sniffer
on my table... just need more time...

cheers,
daniel