Cracking Sound

Hi!

I'm trying to get bluetooth audio working on a PowerPC machine, but it has some strange effects. I'm using a bluetooth headset (HSP profile) via ALSA but it seems that it has some problem with various sample rates and other data related stuff. The asound.conf contains the appropriate device address, profiles is set to voice, device is named as 'btheadset' (the share/alsa/bluetooth.conf is also included).

In BlueZ's output it seems that is is playing (statu is PLAY_IN_PROGRESS or PLAYING - I don't remember correctly) the stream. When BlueZ is connecting to the device I hear a beep in the headset but the "stream" is only a cracking, clicking and poping noise, nothing from the original sound. Also this sound comes if I force aplay to 4KHz or 8KHz, in other settings or without forcing, it plays nothing (no sound, only beeps).

Do somebody know which problem can cause this side effect?

I' using ALSA 1.0.24 and BlueZ 4.96 (both are untouched, no patches and no config file modifications - except that I had to create an asound.conf).

Is anything else I can provide about the problem?

Thanks for the help!

BR,
Krisztian