Re: [RFC 0/2] Add org.bluez.Telephony interface

Hello Lizardo,

Le 23/11/2011 12:06, Anderson Lizardo a écrit :
Hi Frederic,

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 5:58 AM, Frederic Danis
<frederic.danis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
The new telephony D-Bus interface is just in charge of performing SDP
publication and RFComm connection. All Telephony related code is managed by
the agent (i.e. oFono).

How t

I take a look to the Phone Alert Status and Alert Notification and I thought
that this should be implemented in the agent, or in a BlueZ service
accessible by the agent through D-Bus.

I'm wondering what exactly has been discussed/decided on the BlueZ summit.

Are we supposed to move everything "platform specific" to agents and
remove all drivers from BlueZ? Are we okay with have BlueZ depending
on multiple agents?

Yes, this is what I understand for BlueZ 5.

Besides that, I think your proposed Telephony API is too tied to
HFP/HSP. I think it is interesting to have a more generic API so that
other telephony related profiles (e.g. LE ones) could reuse it without
requiring their own agent based API.

Regards,

With this new D-Bus telephony drivers there will be no more need of telephony related code into BlueZ, which will move to platform telephony daemon.

My understanding for those LE profiles are, as they are related to telephony, that they should listen for D-Bus signals (simple way, read only) or should be implemented into telephony daemon.

Regards

Fred

--
Frederic Danis                            Open Source Technology Centre
frederic.danis@xxxxxxxxx                              Intel Corporation