Re: Building master on Debian systems fails at linking "check".

Hi Antonio,

> > > The workaround I use for now is:
> > >    - run "make" and let the build system fail
> > >    - show the  failing command with "make V=1"
> > >    - change -lcheck to -lcheck_pic and rerun the command
> > >    - "make" will now proceed with the build
> >

> > This same solution works for me:  After running ./bootstrap-configure, I
> > change the unit_test_eir_LDADD line in the Makefile to:
> >
> > unit_test_eir_LDADD = lib/libbluetooth-private.la -lglib-2.0   -lcheck_pic
> >

> Eh Brian, this is surely a little prettier than what I am doing :)
>
> > There is probably a way to make this happen automatically, but I don't
> > know enough about the configure mechanism to know how to do this.
> >

> I think using a “libcheck_pic aware” m4 macro is the way to go, ideally
> this should be provided in the check package itself, I'll try asking the
> Debian maintainers if there is no interest for a solution in BlueZ.

why on earth does Debian has to do everything different than any other
distribution. I am getting pretty sick of that :(

The easiest way is to just disable any kind of unit testing when the
check support is not found. Simple as that. I am not bothering to make
this work on Debian.

Regards

Marcel