RE: Implementation of name-resolve procedures in mgmtops

Hi

Maybe we should keep resolve_name() method, so the user will be able to
perform name resolution for a specific device without
triggering the whole discovery process? This will allow more flexibility
for the user.

> During a device discovery session the kernel will set the (new) Confirm
> Name field in mgmt_ev_device_found to 1 whenever the kernel doesn't
> know
> if know the name for that device or not. Upon receiving such an event
> user-space (bluetoothd) will check its storage and respond with the
> (new) Confirm Name command. The field in mgmt_ev_device found would be
> set to 1 e.g. for any non-EIR inquiry result for a device we haven't
> received a confirm_name command for previously (during the same
> discovery session) and for any EIR result which doesn't contain a full
> name.
>
> Each "unknown name" device that user-space tells the kernel about gets
> added to a list and once the currently ongoing inquiry finishes the
> kernel proceeds with trying to resolve the name for each device in the
> list, one at a time. For efficiency, this list should be sorted by
> strongest RSSI first so that devices which are with a higher likelihood
> closer to us get their names resolved first. The kernel will also wait
> few seconds (2 sounds like an ok value?) if user space hasn't yet

Do we really need to wait here? - if this is to allow human interaction
then 2 sec will be not enough anyway, if this is to allow the ack for
the last ( the assumption is that the user will decide whether to ack or
not on more or less sequential way ) discovered device, then,
2 sec is an overkill, so 1 or even 0.5 I think may be enough.

> responded with a name confirmation for a device when inquiry finishes.
> Once the list of names to be resolved is empty the device discovery is
> deemed complete.
>
> Johan
> --
> bluetooth" in