Re: Name resolution for mgmt interface

Hi Tim,

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 10:15 PM,  <tim.howes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This last one is the approach we took in Symbian OS.  The short name may be just fine for the width of the UI widget in which inquiry results are displayed, so any autonomous lower-level request of longer non-EIR names may be wasted because the UI didn't need any more characters (and saves radio time, which is quite a lot for RNR).

It would be nice to use such approach but iirc there are some devices
with broken EIR short names e.g. Nokia~1, so we use the short name but
don't store it permanently so the full name has to be resolved. But
that is not a big deal since the BlueZ discovery takes care of this
automatically.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz