Re: Logitec MX5500 Bluetooth Version mismatch causing non-connectivity, workaround found

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Glenn Phillips
<glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Hello, I have recently become aware of and have since experienced
some issues with my Logitec MX 5500 BT Kb/mouse combo.  After some
recent updates to my Sabayon linux(gentoo) system I have been unable
to use my Keyboard without modifying my udev rules.
    I have generated a bug report on our bugzilla already here:
http://bugs.sabayon.org/process_bug.cgi

    Link to /var/log/messages output http://pastebin.sabayon.org/pastie/7014
    and link to my workaround:

    However I do not believe this is a good solution as this may break
other Logitec devices that rely on bluetooth functionality rather than
being able to fall back on usb only.

    current version of bluez - 4.96-r1
    previous working version - 4.93

    Thank you