Re: [RFCv0 0/5] extended window size and extended control field support

Hi Andrei -

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011, Emeltchenko Andrei wrote:

From: Andrei Emeltchenko <andrei.emeltchenko@xxxxxxxxx>

First draft patches applied to my previous EFS patches. Please comment.

Adds support for extended window size option (EWS) and extended control
field. Code partly based on Atheros patches sent a year ago and Qualcomm
code git://codeaurora.org/kernel/msm.git.

To decode EWS option and extended control field please apply patch to hcidump
which I sent to linux-bluetooth.

Andrei Emeltchenko (5):
 Bluetooth: extended window size option support
 Bluetooth: l2cap extended control field support
 Bluetooth: EWS: support extended seq numbers
 Bluetooth: remove magic numbers in l2cap
 Bluetooth: prevent unneeded fragmentation in l2cap

include/net/bluetooth/l2cap.h |  304 ++++++++++++++++++++++----
net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.c    |  481 +++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
net/bluetooth/l2cap_sock.c    |   11 +-

1.7.4.1

Extended window size is next on my list to upstream. As you probably noticed, the git://codeaurora.org/kernel/msm.git code has a slightly different approach to handling the two control field types. The fields are handled in a struct that's part of the bt_cb control block, and only read/written in wire format when the frame is first received or about to be sent. Are there any issues with this method (other than the fact that I haven't upstreamed it yet)? Some of the subsequent L2CAP state machine changes depend on this.

Please let me know if there are specific features from the git://codeaurora.org/kernel/msm.git code base that you would like to prioritize for upstreaming - there's a lot to do to bring in those L2CAP and AMP changes, and I'll have more time to devote to it in mid-September. I think we can gain a lot by reviewing each other's patches and coordinating our efforts.

Regards,

--
Mat Martineau
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum