Re: MAP support in Obexd

Hi,

Just for confirmation - by "MAP Server" do you mean the MSE side -
i.e. what would reside on a phone?

My interests lie on the MCE side, the IVI headunit functionality. What
I would like in the end would be a sample email program that pairs
with a phone (with MAP support, e.g. HTC Sensation) grabs the emails
and displays them in a sample UI. How much (if any) of this is covered
by your work?

Quote from MAP spec
Message Server Equipment (MSE) – is the device that provides the
message repository engine i.e. has the ability to provide a client
unit with messages that are stored in this device and notifications of
changes in its message repository.
Message Client Equipment (MCE) – is the device that uses the message
repository engine of the MSE for browsing and displaying existing
messages and to upload messages created on the MCE to the MSE.

Regards,
David O Carroll