Re: [RFC 4/5 v2] Bluetooth: prioritizing data over HCI

Hi Luiz,

* Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> [2011-08-25 00:53:04 +0300]:

> Hi Gustavo,
>
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Gustavo Padovan
> <padovan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Luiz,
> >
> > * Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> [2011-08-17 16:23:03 +0300]:
> >
> >> From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.von.dentz@xxxxxxxxx>
> >>
> >> This implement priority based scheduler using skbuffer priority set via
> >> SO_PRIORITY socket option.
> >>
> >> It introduces hci_chan_hash (list of HCI Channel/hci_chan) per connection,
> >> each item in this list refer to a L2CAP connection and it is used to
> >> queue the data for transmission.
> >>
> >> Each connection continue to have a queue but it is only used for time
> >> critical packets such the L2CAP commands and it is always processed
> >> before the channels thus it can be considered the highest priority.
> >
> > I think we can drop the connection and queue create a channel by default for
> > the special L2CAP channels, BR/EDR and LE signalling, SMP and AMP Manager.
> > Those will have high priority of course. Standardize this in just one way to
> > send packets would be better. It simplifies the sending logic and reduces the
> > code.
>
> Sure, but then we need something to identify this special hci_chan and
> it needs to be added to the list to be processed together, not sure if
> it will simplify that much in the end.

It could be created and added to the connection hash when we create the
l2cap_conn and then have a l2cap_conn->hchan for it. IMHO this simplifies the
scheduler and the logic.

<...>

> > IMHO when le_pkts equals zero(i.e., ACL and LE use the same buffer) we should
> > handle LE sending together with the ACL sending. This way we are prioritizing
> > ACL data over LE if we call hci_sched_acl before hci_sched_le.
>
> iirc Peter has some patch that merges them, the problem is that
> conn->type cannot be set to ACL since it is used for other purposes,
> but perhaps we gonna have a different type to identify the buffer type
> the connection is using.

Yeah, I've read it just after reply to this email. ;)

	Gustavo