Re: [RFC 1/3] Bluetooth: prioritizing data over HCI

Hi Luiz,

* Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> [2011-08-03 20:49:19 +0300]:

> Hi Peter,
>
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Peter Hurley <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I believe that the existing tx scheduler is already inefficient and that
> > this approach significantly compounds that inefficiency.
> >
> > Consider the following scenarios with 4 ACL connections (keyboard,
> > mouse, phone, headset):
> >
> > For *one* scheduled ACL tx packet, the connection list will be searched
> > 35~42 times -- that's 140~168 connection list node visits to find one
> > packet! Here's the math:
> >        (7 - priority of tx packet) x 4 connections => found the packet
> >        7 pri levels x 4 connections => no more ACL tx packets
> >        7 pri levels x 4 connections => no SCO tx packets
> >        7 pri levels x 4 connections => no ESCO tx packets
> >        7 pri levels x 4 connections => no LE tx packets
> >        7 pri levels x 4 connections => recalc priority
> >
> > If the connection type doesn't match, it's not going to match at any
> > priority level.
>
> Obviously there are a few things that we might change to not traverse
> the list of connection over and over, remember this is an RFC, besides
> it 8 priorities (0-7), but we can skip much earlier if connection
> doesn't match as you said. Also I guess for SCO/ESCO/LE e doesn't make
> much sense to have many queues/priorities, it is basically ACL only,
> that simplify a lot already.

Maybe 8 is too much, I think it could work with 4. We keep the high
priority queue 7 and more 3. A2DP and SCO could have the 6, HID the queue 5,
Obex transfers, PAN, AVRCP, etc goes queue 4. Queueing in 3, 2, 1 and 0 could
actually queue on 4.

	Gustavo