Re: [RFC 0/7] RSSI Monitor

Hi Briglia/Marcel/Padovan:

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Anderson Briglia
<anderson.briglia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This RFC is about RSSI monitoring since controllers do not have a specific
> command for this and we need it for Proximity Profile, at least.
>
> The RFC implements a mechanism to set threshold levels in order to send
> alerts to userspace when a RSSI value reaches one of the configured thresholds.
>
> Management Interface contains a list of RSSI Monitors. Elements are inserted
> or deleted from this list using two new Management commands: Enable and Disable
> RSSI Monitor.
>
> A timer was added to do HCI Read RSSI requests to the controller and get RSSI
> values updated. If there is monitored connection (eg.: RSSI Monitor list size >
> 0), the timer is reseted after two seconds and the RSSI for each monitored conn
> is updated. Using the RSSI value, a Management Event is sent if one of the
> thresholds were reached and the alert is different from the last one sent.
>
> Userspace is responsible to add and remove RSSI Monitors. Each monitor must
> have low and high thresholds values for RSSI. A RSSI Monitor is disabled when
> the connection is no longer available or the userspace sends a command to
> remove it. If there is no RSSI Monitor remaining in the list, the RSSI Read
> polling timer is removed.

Should be the entries persistent across connections? In the suggested
approach the RSSI threshold monitor for a given address is
automatically removed when the connection is lost.
By other hand, persistence introduces another problem: trust that the
userspace will disable the monitor.

Regards,
Claudio.