Re: [RFC 00/19] Implement AVRCP 1.3 profile - TG role

Hi Lucas,

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Lucas De Marchi
<lucas.demarchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I think we might need an agent API anyway, since MPRIS players might
>> be siting in the session bus so bluetoothd cannot really connect to
>> them directly, in the other hand there is nothing preventing someone
>> to write an agent that uses MPRIS to talk to players.
>
> In that case, the agent could perfectly talk to our D-Bus interface
> and use MPRIS to talk to players. Or use MPRIS on both ends.

Yep, but I think we don't want to use agents as proxy because D-Bus
round trips are expensive and sometimes we need to contact the agent
to respond to a request.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz