Re: SCORouting to PCM in Desktop

Hi Kai,

First of all, please don't top-post on this mailing list. Secondly,
sorry about the delayed response, I seem to have missed this email
initially.

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011, kchai1 wrote:
> About the Headset.Play() function you mentioned, what is the main
> purpose?

It used to be used for SCO connection creation.

> If it was marked as deprecated, what is  the replaced solution?
>
> Could you give me some information?

You should be using the Media API (doc/media-api.txt) which is what any
audio subsystem (like PulseAudio) has to use anyway in order to access
Bluetooth audio streams. Having a separate Play method is just confusing
since it doesn't give any guarantees that someone will actually take
care of the SCO link and send/receive audio over it.

Johan