Re: Disable pnat-server

Am 03.07.2011 22:13, schrieb Johan Hedberg:
> On Sun, Jul 03, 2011, Nils Faerber wrote:
>>> Hmm? So they don't use SDP do discover the RFCOMM channel but directly
>>> connect to channel 1?
>>
>> Um...well I just checked that code.
>> What the device does it look for the service name on the host and on the
>> host side it is bound to channel 1 - I think. I borrowed that part of my
>> code from some old BlueZ code, forgot which.
>
> So, the SDP service record is there so profiles can look up e.g. the
> RFCOMM channel based on the profile UUID. If that's what the remote
> device is doing you should be able to change the channel to something
> else than 1 in the service record and then bind your server socket to
> this new channel. However, if the remote side has a hard-coded channel
> value of 1 and doesn't care what SDP says then there's really nothing
> you can do (except make sure you don't have any other service on that
> channel, like you now did).

Looks like it is hardcoded, I just tried a different one and it fails.

>> Tried that and now my device works again - yippie!
> Good to hear! :)

At least I can now continue playing with it... eventually I'll release
my code once it reached a halfway usable state. Currently I still
struggle a little with the protocol implementation which would need a
state machine and I am still reluctant to implement one and wait for
another inspiration instead ;) But it seems it is not coming...

Thanks again!

> Johan
Cheers
  nils

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535
http://www.kernelconcepts.de