Media API with more than one headset

Hi,

I'm using the new bluez media api to set bluetooth headsets into playing mode and get the fd's of the corresponding sockets with a program written in C. This works fine with just one headset, but I'm using up to three at the same time over three bluetooth adapters. So my program (bt-audio) creates a dbus-service with three paths (/test/endpoint0, ...1, ...2) and each path has an interface org.bluez.MediaEndpoint with the four needed methods (SetConfiguration etc.). Then it scans for turned on headsets and calls RegisterEndpoint on the appropriate adapter-path. Then bluez calls three times SetConfiguration on my service. So basically like in the python-example "simple-endpoint". After that my app calls three times Acquire with "rw" on each of the given transport-paths to receive the socket-fd's. As I said, this works well and I can play and record some raw-files with very good quality. But when one of the headsets is turned off, the other two are put out of playing-mode. When I retry to put them back in playing-mode by calling UnregisterEndpoint and then RegisterEndpoint again, I just get "GDBus.Error:org.bluez.Error.NotAuthorized: Operation Not Authorized" and see "sco_bind: Address already in use" in syslog. When retrying too often, bluetoothd segfaults (but this may be related to the way i tried some recovery of this problem in my code) with: kernel: [34309.873606] bluetoothd[29235]: segfault at 6e652f74 ip b76b9b20 sp bf93c430 error 4 in bluetoothd[b768c000+7e000]

Only after restarting my program (and thus re-registering my dbus-service), I am able to put the headsets back in playing mode again.

I also tried this use-case with your simple-endpoint python-script by modifying it like this:

def acquire_cb(fd, imtu, omtu):
print "Acquire successfull! New fd: %s with iMTU %i and oMTU %i" % (fd, imtu, omtu)
def acquire_error(error):
	print "Acquire failed: %s" % (error)
	mainloop.quit()

@dbus.service.method("org.bluez.MediaEndpoint", in_signature="oay", out_signature="")
def SetConfiguration(self, transport, config):
	print "SetConfiguration (%s, %s)" % (transport, config)
media_transport = dbus.Interface(bus.get_object("org.bluez", transport), "org.bluez.MediaTransport") media_transport.Acquire("rw", reply_handler=acquire_cb, error_handler=acquire_error)
	return

So even after starting two or three processes of this script (each with a different hciX), I get the same behaviour: putting all headsets in playing mode is no problem, but turning off one headset puts the others out of playing mode. Trying to put them back in playing mode requires a restart of the scripts, otherwise I just get the same error: "Acquire failed: org.bluez.Error.NotAuthorized: Operation Not Authorized".

So why are the other headsets always put out of playing mode and why can't you put them back in playing mode again? Looks like a bug to me, hopefully someone of you can help. I attached the syslog cutout of this problem, too (first section is with my C-program, second with the python-script).

Thanks,
Peter