Re: Build bluez without dbus

Thank you all for the responses.

>> Is there some configure parameter, patch or tutorial to build bluez
>> without dbus? Or with dbus, but without glib?
>
> The answer is no, those are very common dependencies on any
> system/distribution that why we use them in the core daemon and they
> fit pretty well in our design.

I understand.

> If you just need some basic function (inquiry), you can just write some code
> directly on HCI with socket.
> It is not very difficult by taking the reference to the implementation of
> hcitool.

My program is similar to hcitool, so I just need bluetooth.c and
hci.c. I was hoping that the full build could give me a shared library
which contained all these functions.
I want to separate my code from the bluetooth code, so now I created a
shared library from the mentioned files myself. This works great for
me!

The next step is to create a simple program (again without GUI) that
can send out (push) bluetooth messages (like advertising). Have you
got some hints on that?

Best regards.