Re: Question about ABORT when canceling OPP file transfer

Hi Radek,

On Wed, May 25, 2011, ext-jablonski.radoslaw@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> There is one PTS test for OPP which tests if we're disconnecting
> cleanly when cancelling outgoing file transfer (this test is not
> mandatory).  Currently it fails, because we don't send ABORT before
> disconnect.
>
> I've noticed that code for handling it nicely already exist in
> gw_obex_xfer_do_abort(...) but is disabled by default (via
> USE_NICE_ABORT definition).
>
> Is it safe to change that and  use "nice abort" by default? Were there
> problems with handling this ABORT command by some devices in described
> scenario?

I think this is just a packaging bug. There's no reason to disable the
"nice abort" feature. Actually, I think it'd be fine not to have this
configurable for gwobex but always enable it (it's a legacy from really
old OpenOBEX versions that didn't yet support sending the Abort
command).

Johan