Re: acer-wmi: rfkill and bluetooth enabling doesn't work as in 2.6.37

æ åï2011-03-24 æ 13:58 +0100ïJohannes Berg æåï
> Hi,
>

> > > So it _does_ store the state? I thought you earlier said it didn't store
> > > it, and when you cold rebooted it was always disabled?
> > >

> > There have 2 different behavior on Acer BIOS:
> >  - cold boot (shutdown then power on): BIOS will reset to raw state (WLAN on, BT off, WWAN on)
> >  - warm boot (reboot): BIOS will keep last time's state
>
> Yeah but in that case I don't really see the point in making it
> persistent. It's not really persistent anyway, warm reboot just means it

OK, thank's, now I understand the definition to _persistent_.

> was stuck somewhere in memory I guess... I'd not call this persistent,
> and making it not persistent also solves the problem, right?
>
> johannes

Yes, if we don't set the default initial state to persistent, then can
workaround this issue, and it also can fix the issue when user only
control acer-wmi's state by userland application.

Just hope OldÅich can help to double check does his BT HW key also emit
scancode? I thought the success logic like the following:

After applied my solution + rfkill-input
(already confirm works fine by OldÅich):

		initial		scancode from EC	from wmi event
acer-wmi	BLOCK		BLOCK(base on global) UNBLOCK
global		UNBLOCK		BLOCK			UNBLOCK

Then it make sense for why OldÅich saw the hci0's killswitch is UNBLOCK.

After confirm that, I will send out patch to mainline and 2.6.38 kernel for
fix BKO#31002.

Thank's a lot!
Joey Lee