Re: [RFC] Auto Connections

Hi Claudio,

> to Jaikumar:
> The profiles will indirectly manage the connections providing
> informations such as connection parameters(interval, window, ...) and
> addresses, but the kernel needs to centralize/manage the connections.

As per section 9.3.8, a host can still perform direct connection
establishment procedure
by telling controller to "ignore the White List and process
connectible advertising
packets from a specific single device specified by the Host". Wouldn't
this be same
as letting the host[read profiles] directly manage connections?

> We can't allow the profiles to control the connection directly, a
> remote can implement more than one profile, maybe with different
> constraints. The host can also provide inputs, for instance power
> saving profile or maximum number of LE connections.

Why not? under direct connection establishment procedure, it should be
possible for a host
to establish connection with a remote peer device with host selected connection
configurable parameters. Why should we deprive a bluez host of
establishing such a connection...

Or did I miss something here?

Thanks,
Arun