Re: Switching between SBC and MPEG audio on headsets

Hi Arun,

On 3/15/2011 12:51 PM, Arun Raghavan wrote:
Hey Brian,

[...]

I'm quite unfamiliar with how this works, so please excuse any wild
inaccuracies in terminology. I believe that I am doing it this way
already (mostly discovered by trial and error). When I want to
reconfigure, I do the following:

- Send a BT_STOP_STREAM request, get the expected response
- Send a BT_CLOSE request, get the expected response
- Send a BT_OPEN request with the new seid, get the expected response
- Send a BT_SET_CONFIGURATION request with the new caps, get the
expected response
- Send a BT_START_STREAM, wait for the response
- Start streaming

Well, with full knowledge that I *haven't* examined this part of BlueZ, I can say that from a protocol perspective, the AVDTP_SET_CONFIG must go over the air/be acknowledged before the AVDTP_OPEN can be sent/acknowledged. I haven't checked to see if those step are obfuscated at all by the BT_OPEN/BT_SET_CONFIGURATION naming convention, or if it is a simple mapping.

On a compliant device, an Open directly following a Close should return a NOT_CONFIGURED error. But it may be that a less strict SNK device might assume the last configuration and overlook the protocol error.

This actually does work here after I apply my patch, although switching
sample rates doesn't seem to actually happen (probably just something
broken in my code).

So if I understand this correctly, it should be sufficient to modify my
patch so we only search for a new remote endpoint if the local endpoint
changed (or a more specific change limited to if the codec type
changed)?

Cheers,
Arun

Brian Gix
bgix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum