Re: GATT characteristic for only LE or BR/EDR

Hi Alexander,

On Mon, Aug 5, 2024 at 8:31 AM Alexander Ganslandt
<Alexander.Ganslandt@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I found a previous discussion about this here: https://lore.kernel.org/all/59CDEBDF.3090200@xxxxxxxx/t/, but there was no conclusion. Now I'm having the same issue 7 years later :)
>
> I'm trying to pass BT SIG tests but fail on two test cases: GATT/SR/GAR/BI-34-C and GATT/SR/GAR/BI-35-C. To my understanding, in order to pass these tests, you need to register a GATT characteristic that is readable only through LE or BR/EDR, but not both at the same time. However, when I register a service+characteristic through bluetoothctl, it is automatically registered for both LE and BR/EDR. To verify this, I use gatttool with and without "-p 31" to connect over BR/EDR and LE respectively, and the characteristic shows up in both. Based on the previous discussion, and based on reading the BlueZ API, there doesn't seem to be a way to only support ONE transport for a characteristic? Is this conclusion correct?

You can detect what bearer it is connected via:

bluez/doc/org.bluez.GattCharacteristic.rst at master · bluez/bluez · GitHub

Looks like we are missing one of the options is link which can be
either LE or BR/EDR:

bluez/src/gatt-database.c at master · bluez/bluez · GitHub

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz