Re: QCA6390 broken in current kernel

Bart,

On 7/31/24 2:05 AM, Bartosz Golaszewski wrote:
On Wed, 31 Jul 2024 at 10:55, Dmitry Baryshkov
<dmitry.baryshkov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 31 Jul 2024 at 11:51, Bartosz Golaszewski
<bartosz.golaszewski@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 30 Jul 2024 at 22:05, Wren Turkal <wt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Wren,

Thanks for the report. I was made aware of this yesterday. I had some
more regressions on my plate but with those now fixed, I will take
care of the Bluetooth breakage tomorrow morning.

Bartosz

I will next try Zijun's suggested patch.

wt
--
You're more amazing than you think!

Thanks! If there is anything I can do to help, like test a patch, please
feel free to include me. I'd really like to help you, if I can.

wt
--
You're more amazing than you think!

The issue Dmitry reported to me happens with qca6174 not qca6390 which
makes me think it's a different issue after all.

The laptop you're using is not supported by upstream device-tree, is it?

Is the device tree publicly available?

I'm thinking that - since we switched qca6390 to using the power
sequencer exclusively in the driver (we could do it as there were no
DT bindings in place that would say otherwise so no ABI contract) -
out-of-tree DT sources could potentially stop working. You may need to
update it to reflect the true internal architecture of the qca6390.

Please allow me to point out that QCA6390 supports binding via ACPI
tables? And it might be used on x86 laptops with no device tree.

Dell XPS13 9310 is an Intel-based laptop.

--
With best wishes
Dmitry

Indeed. I don't know why I assumed it must be an ARM laptop. I will
come up with a fix shortly.

I have a question, does this fact have anything to do with the problem with failing to intialize the QCA6390 BT hardware on my laptop after a warm reboot? As I didn't understand the connection to DT in that other issue, does this fact change anything about how to approach that issue? I only ask because that issue still very much exists.

wt
--
You're more amazing than you think!