Issue with Logitech MX5500 (recurring)

Solution requested:  Please remove the entries for the logitech MX5500 in /lib/udev/rules.d/97-hid2hci.rules again (and please don't put them back in later)
This issue now keeps coming back every time a bluez update is pushed. And it has been going on since I have had it and reported to the Debian forums several times (but that has been useless, at best). It had been removed from configs. about a decade ago then it regressed when someone put it back.
Any self respecting Logitech MX5500 user wouldn't install bluez unless they had to (for other devices).
If I edit out the c71[bc] entries for the 046d device and the keyboard and mouse work again. These devices never have (and likely never will) work with this forced mode switch. The devices only appear to work in the raw mode.  hid2hci --method=logitech-hid only stops the device from working because the hardware doesn't actually support it (supplementary: likely a too early BT implementation, it has it's own bluetooth usb device which is to talk with the mouse and keyboard but it seems you can't use it with other devices, and the mouse and keyboard don't work with other BT dongles, at least as far as I have tried).

lsusb
Bus 007 Device 004: ID 046d:c71c Logitech, Inc. Logitech BT Mini-Receiver
Bus 007 Device 003: ID 046d:c71b Logitech, Inc. Logitech BT Mini-Receiver
Bus 007 Device 005: ID 046d:c709 Logitech, Inc. BT Mini-Receiver (HCI mode)/lib/udev/rules.d/97-hid2hci.rules
first two are mouse and keyboard, c709 is the dongle.

Thanks,
Alex