Re: License of old broadcom BT firmwares and WiFi calibration files

8 січня 2024 р. 21:03:09 GMT+02:00, Arend Van Spriel <aspriel@xxxxxxxxx> написав(-ла):
>+ linux-bluetooth
>+ Marcel
>
>On 1/8/2024 7:21 PM, Svyatoslav Ryhel wrote:
>> пн, 8 січ. 2024 р. о 19:59 Arend Van Spriel <arend.vanspriel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> пише:

>>> I see and it seems they were correct. My bad. Clearly should not try a
>>> career as lawyer.
>>>
>>> I can try to publish them to linux-firmware, but I have to ask internally.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Arend
>>>

>> Thank you, looking forward to your answer. But keep in mind that
>> generic firmware for bluetooth might not be an option. I have tried to
>> shuffle them and bluetooth failed.
>
>Okay. I guess there is a naming scheme that btbcm.ko uses. Will look in the source file how it loads firmware/patch. Actually your merge request would also tell me. That involves a whole lot more firmware files than what we discussed earlier.
>
>Regards,
>Arend

Uh, yes, I am terribly sorry about that. I was looking for analogies with existing publishes of firmwares since bt firmware occurred to be not interchangeable. I have no hopes that any of them will be accepted, so if any passes then good.