Re: Unable to connect BT mouse after it drops: Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed br-connection-create-socket

On Fri, 2024-01-05 at 12:52 -0500, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> Hi Brian,

Hi Luiz.

> Hmm, weird it seems there is a discovery session that is only
> scanning
> on LE, but I don't see any connection attempt on BR/EDR, perhaps this
> is the same entity that was trying to power off the adapter?

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that question.

I did restart btmon on this adapter in it's current state (no mouse
connection) and got 16GB of output before hitting:

> HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 4          #73496 [hci0] 99978.520433
      LE Set Extended Scan Enable (0x08|0x0042) ncmd 2
        Address type: 0x06
          LE Public
          LE Random
@ MGMT Event: Discovering (0x0013) plen 2          {0x0*** buffer overflow detected ***: terminated

Not sure if there is anything useful in that log.  So far it has
compressed down to ~140MB using "xz -9", but it's not done yet, so
regardless, sending it to you is not going to be practical (although I
could make it downloadable if you think it would really be that
useful).

Is there something in that log I can search for that would be
interesting for this case?  Or should I just reset the adapter and
start a new btmon so that we have the output from when the mouse is
working through until it's not?

Cheers,
b.