GATT Attribute Server changes coming.

Due to some observations at UPF, I have made some on the fly modifications to the attribute-server.c and example.c files. The changes appear to work, but I am cleaning up the changes and will submit them as potential patches probably early next week.

Specifically, they pertain to how Primary Services are discovered by BR/EDR GATT Clients. The relevant spec section is 4.4 of Part G (GATT), Volume 3, Core Revision 4.0. It states that Primary Services SHALL be discovered on BR/EDR links via SDP.

So I have staged the following changes in my personal workspace:

1. Modified the ATT_UUID to be 0x0007 instead of 0x1801, which is the GATT UUID. The ATT Protocol UUID is now publiched in BT Assigned Numbers.

2. I have added a new "end" parameter to attrib_db_add() to indicate the end of a Attribute Handle Range (which may be Zero if not appropriate) which when combined with a Primary Service Attribute, will register a correctly formatted SDP service Record for BR/EDR purposes. I will probably also add yet one more Parameter that will be a string value description for the SDP record.

3. I have tested against two other teams so far to shake out the bugs, and it looks promising. There is one team that depends on these SDP records, and I will be testing against them again tomorrow.

--
Brian Gix
bgix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx