Re: Reason to disable adv during power off without clearing

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 2:06 PM <bluez.test.bot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is automated email and please do not reply to this email!
>
> Dear submitter,
>
> Thank you for submitting the patches to the linux bluetooth mailing list.
> This is a CI test results with your patch series:
> PW Link:https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/bluetooth/list/?series=715641
>
> ---Test result---
>
> Test Summary:
> CheckPatch                    PASS      0.65 seconds
> GitLint                       FAIL      0.85 seconds
> SubjectPrefix                 PASS      0.09 seconds
> BuildKernel                   PASS      31.31 seconds
> CheckAllWarning               PASS      33.97 seconds
> CheckSparse                   PASS      38.25 seconds
> CheckSmatch                   PASS      107.12 seconds
> BuildKernel32                 PASS      29.96 seconds
> TestRunnerSetup               PASS      430.17 seconds
> TestRunner_l2cap-tester       PASS      16.16 seconds
> TestRunner_iso-tester         PASS      16.36 seconds
> TestRunner_bnep-tester        PASS      5.43 seconds
> TestRunner_mgmt-tester        FAIL      110.68 seconds
> TestRunner_rfcomm-tester      PASS      8.62 seconds
> TestRunner_sco-tester         PASS      7.99 seconds
> TestRunner_ioctl-tester       PASS      9.42 seconds
> TestRunner_mesh-tester        PASS      6.79 seconds
> TestRunner_smp-tester         PASS      7.81 seconds
> TestRunner_userchan-tester    PASS      5.73 seconds
> IncrementalBuild              PASS      27.75 seconds
>
> Details
> ##############################
> Test: GitLint - FAIL
> Desc: Run gitlint
> Output:
> [kernel,v1,1/1] Bluetooth: Don't send HCI commands to remove adv if adapter is off
>
> WARNING: I3 - ignore-body-lines: gitlint will be switching from using Python regex 'match' (match beginning) to 'search' (match anywhere) semantics. Please review your ignore-body-lines.regex option accordingly. To remove this warning, set general.regex-style-search=True. More details: https://jorisroovers.github.io/gitlint/configuration/#regex-style-search
> 1: T1 Title exceeds max length (82>80): "[kernel,v1,1/1] Bluetooth: Don't send HCI commands to remove adv if adapter is off"
> ##############################
> Test: TestRunner_mgmt-tester - FAIL
> Desc: Run mgmt-tester with test-runner
> Output:
> Total: 494, Passed: 493 (99.8%), Failed: 1, Not Run: 0
>
> Failed Test Cases
> Add Advertising - Success 18 (Power -> off, Remove)  Timed out    2.314 seconds

Looks like there is something not quite right wrt assumption that
power off don't remove clear the adv, at least this test says
otherwise and this test is actually quite old so I don't know if it
has always been like that or we did change this behavior and forgot to
change the test, anyway this explains why we have done the clearing
with cmd_sync work since that is what this test expects.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz