Connecting to a BR/EDR+BLE device a via dbus?

Dear all,

we are communicating with a headset-ish device that offers classic bluetooth services and BLE characteristics in parallel.

We have code to talk to the Bluetooth classic part via bluetoothd/dbus, and we have code for talking to the BLE parts based on the C-library / gatt-client code ; both run in parallel for some time but not super-stable, so I'd like to move the code over to a dbus version.

As the device starts advertising BLE characteristics only after a classic connection has been established, it appears as a Bluetooth classic device on the system bus, and I did not find a way to start GATT discovery via the 'official' dbus-API.

I don't fear to tweak bluetoothd nor ~ctl, but would like to know if someone already some development going in that direction?

Simon

--

VoXel Interaction Design  |www.voxel.at
DI Dr.techn. Simon Vogl   |simon@xxxxxxxx