Re: [Regression] Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle

>> Thanks to this last-effort parameter we can cover that last mile
>> without people having to recompile custom versions of btusb.
>>
>> My dongle doesn't work? Easy, add this here. Most people won't
>> have to bother with this, but that final ~3% would be screwed.
>
> So what is the parameter needed for now? Might help users coming to this
> bug and finding this thread.

Hans explained it better than me.

The Linux people haven't merged this patch yet, but the idea is that in
case our generic workaround is a bit too much for a small bunch of dissident
devices and we are actually making it not work (we're making it worse!) when
it would work otherwise, adding «btusb.disable_fake_csr_forcesuspend_hack=1»
should neutralize any side effects, as that workaround wasn't needed
for your dongle in the first place. But we can't be sure of that.

I think we have received two or three reports of this actually helping.

It should be a thing you'd try and see what happens, this isn't an exact
science. Most people won't need it, we're just being thorough and nice.

Letting you skip our little shakeup. Easily.