Re: Broadcom/Apple Bluetooth driver for Apple Silicon

Hi Luiz,

On Fri, Nov 4, 2022, at 23:37, Luiz Augusto von Dentz wrote:
> Hi Sven,
>
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2022 at 3:15 PM <bluez.test.bot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> This is automated email and please do not reply to this email!
>>
>> Dear submitter,
>>
>> Thank you for submitting the patches to the linux bluetooth mailing list.
>> This is a CI test results with your patch series:
>> PW Link:https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/bluetooth/list/?series=692274
>>
>> ---Test result---
>>
>> Test Summary:
>> CheckPatch                    FAIL      7.46 seconds
>> GitLint                       FAIL      2.01 seconds
>> SubjectPrefix                 FAIL      2.61 seconds
>> BuildKernel                   PASS      34.62 seconds
>> BuildKernel32                 PASS      31.22 seconds
>> Incremental Build with patchesPASS      151.12 seconds
>> TestRunner: Setup             PASS      513.16 seconds
>> TestRunner: l2cap-tester      PASS      17.36 seconds
>> TestRunner: iso-tester        PASS      16.95 seconds
>> TestRunner: bnep-tester       PASS      6.66 seconds
>> TestRunner: mgmt-tester       PASS      107.82 seconds
>> TestRunner: rfcomm-tester     PASS      10.55 seconds
>> TestRunner: sco-tester        PASS      9.93 seconds
>> TestRunner: ioctl-tester      PASS      11.21 seconds
>> TestRunner: mesh-tester       PASS      8.08 seconds
>> TestRunner: smp-tester        PASS      9.90 seconds
>> TestRunner: userchan-tester   PASS      6.88 seconds
>>
>> Details
>> ##############################
>> Test: CheckPatch - FAIL - 7.46 seconds
>> Run checkpatch.pl script with rule in .checkpatch.conf
>> [v5,1/7] dt-bindings: net: Add generic Bluetooth controller\WARNING:FILE_PATH_CHANGES: added, moved or deleted file(s), does MAINTAINERS need updating?
>> #115:
>>  .../{ => bluetooth}/qualcomm-bluetooth.yaml   |  6 ++--
>>
>> WARNING:DT_SPLIT_BINDING_PATCH: DT binding docs and includes should be a separate patch. See: Documentation/devicetree/bindings/submitting-patches.rst
>>
>> WARNING:DT_SPLIT_BINDING_PATCH: DT binding docs and includes should be a separate patch. See: Documentation/devicetree/bindings/submitting-patches.rst
>>
>> total: 0 errors, 3 warnings, 71 lines checked
>
> The other errors you can probably ignore but this one above got my
> attention, it seems we are doing the right by having the documentation
> changes as a separate patch but checkpatch is still complaining?

I think that one happens because I replace bluetooth.txt with the yml binding
and replace all references to bluetooth.txt in the same commit. So technically
it looks like I introduce a generic binding and a more specific binding
that includes the generic one in a single commit.

I could split that into multiple commits but the DT maintainers seems to be
fine with the single commit. They also have their own CI and usually complain
if it generates warnings.

Best,

Sven