Re: sdptool hanging remote

On 16:37 Tue 23 Nov     , Grahame Jordan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using bluez-4.77 on a Gumstix Verdex kernel 2.4.32 patch 21
>
> When I run:
> sdptool records 00:80:37:2F:06:08"
> from the Workstation Ubuntu 10.04 Bluez-4.6? to the Gumstix the Gumstix
> hangs.
> It does not hang completely but is very busy. It hangs for about 20
> seconds and then releases for about 1 second
> before it locks up again.

I couldn't find anything that could solve this kind of problem in the logs
between 4.6 and the git head. But anyway, could you give a try to 4.80, or
better yet, the git head[1]? and see if the problem still happens?

> I have tried this on several different Gumstix with the same issue.
>
> Changing workstations from Ubuntu 10.04 to Ubuntu 8.04 does make a
> difference.
>  From Ubuntu 8.04 there seems to be no problem. blue-utils 3.26?

A really helpful piece of information that you could provide is the hcidump[2]
logs of both cases, just be sure to give hcidump the options "-V" (verbose
output) and "-t" (timestamps, to see where the hang happens).

> Appreciate help
>

> Thanks
>
> Grahame Jordan
> --