Re: RFC: QuIC's AMP + eL2CAP Technical Plans

Hi, David.

> David Vrabel wrote:
>> Tim Monahan-Mitchell wrote:
>>>
>>> If the HCI_80211 symbol in hci.h is changed instead to HCI_AMP, where
>>> should the 0x01 value for '802.11 AMP Controller' (listed in
>>> Bluetooth.org's Assigned Number listing for Controller_Type) go?e
>>
>> I don't think it needs to go anywhere, the actual values aren't
>> important from the point of view of the AMP manager.
>
> I may have misunderstood your question.  There will need to be an
> additional "controller_type" field which will get filled in when the
> local amp info is read from the controller.
>
> There will also need to be a table somewhere mapping controller types to
> dedicated amp link key length and KeyID.  The will be filled in from the
> assigned numbers and will be a very short table one 1 entry for now.
>
> I do not think we need #define for the various AMP controller types.

I would think such a set of #defines are needed, so that everyone is on
the same page?

Put another way, if one device has an AMP of type 802.11, and a remote has
an AMP of type HCI_UWB, it would seem the AMP Manager needs to know not to
try to converse via AMP with that peer, no?

Also have a look at the Core Spec, under 'READ LOCAL AMP INFO COMMAND'.
The 'Controller_Type' list (of which there is only 802.11 now) will
grow...

Controller Type appears elsewhere in the A2MP protocol...

Sorry if I'm not following you completely.

--
Regards,
Tim Monahan-Mitchell