Re: Enhancements to allow l2cap channel to use either AMP or BR/EDR

Hi David,

> > That said, nothing stops us from allowing to make our AMP polices
> > dynamic and allow the application to change it threshold during
> > lifetime. For example it starts out as BR/EDR only and then during the
> > usage of the link it decides that now AMP preferred would make sense. In
> > that sense you would have manual switching to some level.
>
> If the policy is dynamic throughout the lifetime of the connection then
> that's okay for best effort links.
>
> I think applications (especially those that stream real-time data at
> high rates) will need to know the currently available bandwidth.  This
> will be useful for even simple file transfer profiles -- if that file
> transfer is going to take 100x as long the user probably want to know
> about this so they can (for example) turn HS mode on the other device.
>
> This information could be conveyed in some sort of "channel move
> complete" event or a more generic "available bandwidth changed" event.

so here you have the following problem, the only interface you get from
an application point of view is a L2CAP socket. So you have to work with
these constraints. Potentially we can provide something additional via
the OOB msg structs (like we do for timestamps), but I am really careful
in adding to much into these ones.

Regards

Marcel