Re: add dbus api to set class of device?

Hi Marcel

> I did mention before that JSR82 is the most stupid Bluetooth API that I
> have seen so far, didn't I? Personally I wouldn't even bother with JSR82
> and give up right away. It is really a pointless API.

Unfortunately I have to bother with it as our customers are device
manufacturers who are willing to pay for MIDP with JSR82 support. :-(

> In BlueZ the services bits of the class of device settings are modified
> dynamically based on the registered SDP service records. So you don't
> have to do anything. Just register the right SDP service record with the
> proper UUID and it will take care of this automatically.

Yes, I saw that in update_adapter_svclass_list. I guess the problem is
that JSR82 lets an app decide to set the "wrong" bit, and the
conformance tests test that functionality.

So if I did a patch along the lines I was suggesting, and submitted it
here, would it be rejected on the grounds that it is not needed for any
"sensible" functionality ?

Thanks.

-tpr