Re: Virtual cable unplug not supported in BlueZ?

2010/7/23 Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 5:03 AM, Liang Bao <tim.bao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Adapter.RemoveDevice() also removes the pair information according to
>> the document doc/adapter-api.txt. However, unplug a virtual cable in
>> HID spec doesn't mean unpair. Anyway, let me check the source once
>> again. Thanks.
>
> The question is, why do you want to use virtual cable unplug manually?
> There doesn't seems to be any useful use case for that, there is no
> "Virtual Cable Plug" either so if we do export virtual cable unplug
> feature how we plug it again?
Yes, I agree with that virtual plug looks like something hard to
understand to an end-user. User will be happy as long as he can
connect and disconnect. However, virtual plug is defined by the HID
spec as a mandatory requirement for HID host role.By my understanding,
this is just to gracefully to remove the 1:1 relationship between the
HID device and host. Because unplug doesn't mean unpair, the
reconnection procedure still work and then they "plug" again. Maybe we
can do a unplug using hidd in command line..?