Re: Any update on software caused connection abort issue??

Hi Lukas,

* Lukas Hetzenecker <LuHe@xxxxxx> [2010-07-23 01:44:02 +0200]:

> I also noticed these kernel messages during the disconnect in my
> /var/log/messages log
>
> Jul 22 23:52:35 erde kernel: btusb_intr_complete: hci0 urb ffff88010d409540
> failed to resubmit (1)
> Jul 22 23:52:35 erde kernel: btusb_bulk_complete: hci0 urb ffff88010d409900
> failed to resubmit (1)
> Jul 22 23:52:35 erde kernel: btusb_bulk_complete: hci0 urb ffff88010d409b40
> failed to resubmit (1)
>
> [these messages are repeated for several times, even before the disconnect]
>
> Jul 22 23:52:36 erde kernel: usb 5-1: reset full speed USB device using
> uhci_hcd and address 2
> Jul 22 23:52:36 erde kernel: btusb 5-1:1.0: no reset_resume for driver btusb?
> Jul 22 23:52:36 erde bluetoothd[1580]: HCI dev 0 down
> Jul 22 23:52:36 erde bluetoothd[1580]: Adapter /org/bluez/1574/hci0 has been
> disabled
> Jul 22 23:52:36 erde bluetoothd[1580]: Stopping security manager 0
> Jul 22 23:52:36 erde kernel: btusb 5-1:1.1: no reset_resume for driver btusb?
> Jul 22 23:52:37 erde bluetoothd[1580]: HCI dev 0 unregistered
> Jul 22 23:52:37 erde bluetoothd[1580]: Unregister path: /org/bluez/1574/hci0
> Jul 22 23:52:37 erde NetworkManager[1520]: <info> BT device 00:1B:AF:84:FF:E2
> removed
> Jul 22 23:52:37 erde bluetoothd[1580]: HCI dev 0 registered
> Jul 22 23:52:37 erde bluetoothd[1580]: HCI dev 0 up
> Jul 22 23:52:37 erde bluetoothd[1580]: Starting security manager 0
> Jul 22 23:52:37 erde bluetoothd[1580]: Parsing /etc/bluetooth/serial.conf
> failed: No such file or directory
> Jul 22 23:52:37 erde bluetoothd[1580]: probe failed with driver input-headset
> for device /org/bluez/1574/hci0/dev_00_1B_AF_84_FF_E2
> Jul 22 23:52:37 erde bluetoothd[1580]: Adapter /org/bluez/1574/hci0 has been
> enabled
>

> It is also strange that this error affects only my PC with an USB bluetooth
> stick, not my notebook with an integrated Intel PRO Wireless
> 4965AGN bluetooth module.

Is there any difference on the systems in both machines? And can you try
reproduce this with another Bluetooth dongle, just to make sure that the
problem is not the hardware.

> Do you need any more informations for debugging?
>

> On Thursday 22 July 2010 16:17:57 john michelle wrote:
> > Hi Lukas,
> >
> > > It would be great to see this problem fixed soon, because it's nearly
> > > impossible to use bluetooth on my PC.
> >
> > I think it's useless to get any reply from this mailing list, i have
> > been reporting this
> > Problem for a long time and no one simply cares.
> >
> > John
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Lukas <LuHe@xxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I also noticed this error when I used the software suite Series60-Remote
> > > to connect to my mobile phone.
> > >
> > > Shortly after the connection establishment is completed I get the error
> > > message "software caused connection abort" and the device gets
> > > disconnected.
> > >
> > > I also see the HCI reset, as described below, when I try to investigate
> > > this error using hcidump.
> > >
> > > The software uses the RFCOMM protocol for the connection.
> > > I use an USB bluetooth adapter from Belkin, lsusb reports the following
> > > device id:
> > > ID 050d:0131 Belkin Components Bluetooth Device with trace filter
> > >
> > > This bug happens with the following kernel:
> > > root@erde ~  #  rpm -q kernel bluez
> > > kernel-2.6.33.6-147.fc13.x86_64
> > > bluez-4.64-1.fc13.x86_64
> > >
> > > You can also look at this thread in my mailing list for further
> > > informations:
> > > https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=201007192136.2
> > > 7723.LuHe%40gmx.at&forum_name=series60- remote-devel
> > >
> > > It would be great to see this problem fixed soon, because it's nearly
> > > impossible to use bluetooth on my PC.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Lukas

> > > -0400]: