Re: l2cap connection id in user-space

--- On Wed, 14/4/10, Gustavo F. Padovan <gustavo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Gustavo F. Padovan <gustavo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: l2cap connection id in user-space
> To: "Pavan Savoy" <pavan_savoy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: linux-bluetooth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, shitiz_kumar@xxxxxx
> Date: Wednesday, 14 April, 2010, 2:49 AM
> Hi Pavan,
>
> * Pavan Savoy <pavan_savoy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> [2010-04-14 02:26:41 +0530]:
>
> > Is there a possibility as of now for me to extract the
> l2cap connection ID into my application ?
>
> bluez-hcidump does that. Look to its source code to learn
> how.

Yeah, correct, it does.
However for that wouldn't I have to set filter for all ACL (or L2CAP) packets to even start receiving ACL (or L2CAP) packets ?
strip off the l2cap_hdr and then get the channel ID from it.

I was more or less looking to add in 1 more getsockopt option to specifically request for the l2cap_hdr ? (like the imtu/omtu which happens currently).
Wouldn't this be the right way ?