Re: Bluetooth SPP on Nokia N900 (Maemo 5)

Vinicius,

Many thanks for your help - I used the example script, and it is now
connecting correctly to my device.

I am having a slight issue, however, with the fact that the
"SetSerialParameters" method is experimental, and thus I can not use
it - could anyone point me to where I can set the parameters correctly
so that it can receive packets from the device?

FYI, the device is simplex - it sends a packet once per second, and
ignores any commands, so I simply want to receive the packets and
parse them.

At present, when I use the code below, I do not get any output, which
I assume is because my serial settings are incorrect.

Many thanks again for your help,
Henry.

test.py:

import sys
import dbus

bus = dbus.SystemBus()

manager = dbus.Interface(bus.get_object("org.bluez", "/"),
						"org.bluez.Manager")

adapter = dbus.Interface(bus.get_object("org.bluez", manager.DefaultAdapter()),
							"org.bluez.Adapter")

address = "00:07:80:88:F4:E9"
service = "spp"

path = adapter.FindDevice(address)

serial = dbus.Interface(bus.get_object("org.bluez", path),
						"org.bluez.Serial")

node = serial.Connect(service)

print "Connected %s to %s" % (node, address)

print "Press CTRL-C to disconnect"

a = open("/dev/rfcomm0","r")

w = a.readline()

print w