Bluez question about new profiles delopment

Hi,
I want to develop a new bluetooth profiles for blueZ basing on my
recently experience gained with my prototype implementation of MCAP &
HDP (http://openhealth.morfeo-project.org). My goal is integrate above
profiles using the BlueZ architecture, but i have some question to do.

* I don't have clear what is the difference between implement a new
bluetooth profile (for example MCAP) like a Service or implement it like
a Plugin. What exactly a plugin is?

I open to any suggestion about the architecture integration of MCAP and
HDP. You can contact with me by email or at irc.freenode.net (i'm sancane).

Any ideas are welcome.

Best regards.