Re: Audio Sink Support

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 8:45 AM, bluezprofile kernel
<bluezprofile@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am trying to connect my A2DP enabled mobile with Bluez host in
> Ubuntu 9.10 karmic Koala.
> Bluez version : 4.51 (A2DP sink support added in 4.46)
> Kernel: 2.6.31
> Pulseaudio: 0.9.19 and 0.9.21
>
> I read following link to do
> http://jprvita.wordpress.com/2009/07/17/bluez-now-has-a2dp-sink-support/
>
> 1) As mentioned in the link, I am able to connect to the audio sink and
> see the audio streaming in the hcidump. It disconnects in few seconds.
> Is this the current status of Audio sink or any other patches added
> 2) Is any one played the song in host successfully with any player(There is
> no player to decode the stream) using sink support.
> Then please give me a hint to proceed.

The recommended is to use pulseaudio to decode the frames and offer a
source abstraction for applications. If you want the audio to be sent
to your speakers, you can use module-loopback (in pulseaudio) for
that.

> 3) Some times my audio configuration setting is getting crashed once I
> play the song from mobile.
> Is this know issue?

No clues, you need to elaborate more if you want any help.

> Do I need to enable any flag on bluez/pulseaudio to succeed this?
> or any specific kernel patch do I need to apply?
> Please advice.

No kernel nor userspace patches. You just need to enable the
AudioSource interface in bluez and use pulseaudio bluetooth modules to
handle the stream.

This post has a more detailed description on how to do so:
http://jprvita.wordpress.com/2009/12/15/1-2-3-4-a2dp-stream/

--
João Paulo Rechi Vita
MSc Computer Science Student