Re: How to force a fix pin

Nel D wrote:
Hi ,

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 3:45 AM, Ed Tsang <netdesign_98@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, My application scan for devices, send file to it. But some device (blackberry) will request a pin. With the bluetoothd 4.51. bluetooth-applet will pop up and enter a pin. If de-install it, the bluetoothd will complain "No agent available for 0 request (pin_code_request?).". And the remote device failed to pair with a "default pin 0000".
Is there a way to force a default pin "0000".  look like /etc/bluetooth/pin is history.  Is there a simply work around.

Net Des

In the directory /var/lib/xx:yy:xx:yy:xx:yy/

where xx:yy:xx:yy:xx:yy is your Bluetooth interface MAC

you will either find or have to create two files:

pincodes
trusts

Assuming that your other device is aa:bb:aa:bb:aa:bb you
modify the files as follows:

In the pincodes file, add a line like this, replace 0000
with your desired pincode

aa:bb:aa:bb:aa:bb 0000

In the trusts file, put this:

aa:bb:aa:bb:aa:bb [all]

Which says the device can access all services (I think)

If the pairing is sucessful you will get a new
entry in the linkkeys file, and that key will then be
used in the future, so no more pairing is required.

I am currently investigating why (in 4.57) the linkkeys
and trusts entry of a successfully paired device are
sometimes deleted.

Ralph