Re: HDP & MCAP developed for Bluez

Hi,

2009/11/12 sancane <sancane@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to announce to you that we have finished our open
> source MCAP-HDP implementation for Bluez. We've successfully tested it
> against a Nonin Onyx II 9560 using the el2cap Gustavo's kernel
> implementation.

Look pretty good, I just check the video.

> We're planning to release it under GNU/GPL v3. If you are interested, we
> can add it to Bluez official library. We are open to any suggestion or
> recommendation.
>
> At current moment we are working on it to set the code in a more stable
> state. We will plan to upload our libraries in next few days, we will
> announce here when the code is available.

Normally we implement the profile as device drivers (bluetoothd device
driver not kernel :D), it would be nice to have and appropriate driver
to handle MCAP-HDP records and put together a nice DBus API so any
application can easily access its informations without having to
really use any library.

> We have noticed that it is necessary to add some functionalities to the
> SDP implementation (which affect to HDP records), at the current moment,
> we have included it in HDP, but we think that it is better to include it
> in SDP. If you want, we can submit a patch to add it.

Patches are always welcome :D

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Engenheiro de Computação