Re: hid2hci rules breaks standard USB dell mouses

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 16:24:44 -0500
Mario Limonciello <mario_limonciello@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Marcel:
>
> Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> >
> > and please send a patch to fix the ones in BlueZ, too
> I sent a patch to drop it from bluez so it doesn't have to be
> maintained in two places, but it was never responded to.  Here it is
> again taken from my mail archive.

Maybe a compromise for the near future:
* update the rules / tools in bluez to be in sync with udev
* don't install them by default unless "--enable-old-udev" (or
  something like that) is ./configure'd

Reasoning:
* people might want to use new bluez with old udev (I personally would
  avoid updating udev in a running system since it seems to interdepend
  on many things. Updating bluez has been painless for me over the last
  years).

Marcel, Mario, does this sound acceptable? If yes, I am willing to
prepare a patch.

Have fun,

	seife
--