Re: BlueZ Supported Profiles

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 10:56 AM, bluezprofile kernel
<bluezprofile@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Thanks for the propt replies.
>
> As for as I know BlueZ will support
>
> A2DP, AVRCP, HS, HF, FTP, OPP, DUN, HID profiles.
>
> and protocols GAP, SDP, AVDTP, AVCTP, RFCOMM, BNEP, L2CAP.

You just missed PAN profile :D

> sdptool gives set of services. All the services implemented in BlueZ?
> What is the version of each service/profile implemented in BlueZ?

I don't remember the exactly version of each profile, but that gives
you an explanation why:

http://www.bluetooth.org/tpg/QLI_viewQDL.cfm?qid=15706

You can check other qualification, they may list what version the
qualification is about.

> Specially I would like to know details for the following profiles
>
> GOEP - Generic Object Exchange Profile
> HCRP - Hardcopy Cable Replacement Profile
> HDP - Health Device Profile
> MAP - Message Access Profile

Those are not implemented yet.

> PBAP - Phone Book Access Profile
> SYNC - Synchronization Profile
> SyncML - Multi Sync

PBAP is implemented as a plugin of obexd, SyncML is not really
supported directly by BlueZ but there are another projects such as
opensync that aim to support it.

> VDP - Video Distribution Profile

Another one not implemented, but it should be easy to support it as it
uses avdtp, although Im not sure if streaming a video over bluetooth
is really practical right now besides that I never saw a device which
implements VDP.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Engenheiro de Computação