Re: HFP - A2DP in BlueZ

Hi Johan,

First of all, could you try to fix your email quoting. I found it quite
confusing to see my own text unquoted in your email.

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009, Sasikiran Maddula wrote:
Your saying it works fine with the pavucontrol tool and pulseaudio. I am
using pulseaudio 0.9.14 version. Whether it is sufficient to have the
bluetooth profile switching. If I need to upgrade what version is the
best suitable and suggest me on how to upgrade.

You'll need at least pulseaudio 0.9.15 but 0.9.17 would probably give you
the best results.

Also whether pavucontrol is linked with the package for pulseaudio or it
is separate. You mentioned that with the help of pavucontrol tool your
able to do profile switching somewhat better. But I do not see any
options in pavucontrol useful for bluetooth perspective. Could you guide
me with more details.

Once you have Bluetooth audio working with pulseaudio you'll see what I
mean (there will be controls for toggling the profile as well as which
streams should go to the headset).

Also you mentioned that the player I am using must be telephony aware
directly or through some other component. Do you have any idea of any
player which has that kind of facility.

No.
Thanks for your suggestion. Will take care of quoting from next time onwards.

--Sasikiran