Re: PIN Helper

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009, Florian Philipp wrote:
> Of course I can't force you to do the programming but removing
> functionality which worked - more or less - out of the box with an older
> release and not providing any working alternative except of a
> do-it-yourself solution ... well ... just sounds wrong.

I think part of the explanation is lack of knowledge about exactly in
which ways people use BlueZ and how popular these use cases are. To be
honest, I'm not sure I still understand exactly what kind of behavior or
feature you're after.

> Okay, so without some significant work, you could only support legacy
> pairing for those old deamons and I suppose that's all those test apps
> can, right?

Exactly which old daemons are you talking about? I don't see how any old
software that isn't aware of the current pairing/agent interface could be
made to work "without some significant work".

> a) Create and maintain the missing parts myself.

If the functionality makes sense and the implementation follows the usual
coding standards that we have I don't see why you would be stuck
maintaining it yourself. Surely it should be possibe to merge the work
with upstream.

Johan