Re: can we increase the send buffer size of rfcomm socket?

Hi Marcel,

2009/8/28 Marcel Holtmann <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Zhu,

>> > yes we can. Send a patch for it and I am going to review it.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> >
>> > Marcel
>> >

>> Today I changed the send buffer size but found kernel become very
>> unstable. It usually crash during sending rfcomm data. Do you know
>> what's the reason?
>>
>> Below is what I changed in net/bluetooth/rfcomm/sock.c.
>>
>> in function rfcomm_sock_alloc(),
>>
>> change sk->sndbuf
>> from
>> sk->sk_sndbuf = RFCOMM_MAX_CREDITS * RFCOMM_DEFAULT_MTU * 10
>> sk->sk_sndbuf = RFCOMM_MAX_CREDITS * RFCOMM_DEFAULT_MTU * 20
>
> which kernel is this? There have been some fixes in the network stack
> for this. Also I need oopses to see what might happen here.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

Yes, it's our kernel's problem. We used another version and it worked
fine. Here the change in rfcomm_sock_alloc() is only for testing. What
I'm doing now is adding a case for RFCOMM_SNDBUF in the function
rfcomm_sock_setsockopt_old(), as below.

	case RFCOMM_SNDBUF:
		sk->sk_sndbuf = opt;
		break;

I'm thinking to add a limitation for a maximum buffer size, but don't
know what maximum size is appropriate here. Do you have any idea?

Thanks,
Zhu Lan