Re: Possible bluez sensor net application

Jon Smirl wrote:
I need to get data from about 200 sensors in to a central Linux system
wirelessly. I'm attracted to using Bluetooth for this since I can buy
the radios so cheaply.

Power is not a problem in the sensor nodes. The sensors have a basic
microcontroller in them. I can add a HCI Bluetooth chip (BC4-ROM).
Alternatively I can look at something like a BC4+flash module.

Or is Bluetooth totally unsuited to this application

Maybe check out ZigBee?