Re: bluetooth works with udev-145 but had some weired issues with it

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
Hi Justin,

For some reason in rules.d
for the permission setting:

#ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="bluetooth", RUN+="/usr/sbin/bluetoothd --udev"
RUN+="/usr/sbin/bluetoothd --udev"
gets this working for me.
prior to this, udev just would not activate
bluetoothd
Anyways thought it would be good to let people know.

this is pretty much strange. What kernel version are you using?

Kay, do you have any idea why such a simple rule would not work?

Regards

Marcel

kernel is the latest git from linus pulled a day ago.
The system itself is a home brewed LFS.

As for the simple rule, this one has me confused as well.
unless I did something wrong while compiling bluez/udev
(missed a switch) or something is missing in the system itself
to not read ADD or SUBSYSTEM.
Looking at the init script for udev I cant see how it could cause
udev to not read that specific rule unless:

 cat /etc/rc.d/init.d/udev
(this is taken towards the bottom)

               /sbin/udevd --daemon

# Now traverse /sys in order to "coldplug" devices that have
                # already been discovered
                /sbin/udevadm trigger

                # Now wait for udevd to process the uevents we triggered
                /sbin/udevadm settle
                evaluate_retval

 udevadm might have created confusion.
Also keep in mind the system is not running hal.
(not sure how depended bluez/udev is with hal)
This one has me stumped.

but besides that confusion  everything seems to be handling pretty good
(nice work on the bluetooth bluez!!)
I like how the scrollball for the mouse survives suspend.

Justin P. Mattock